HOW TO INSTALL BODAQ INTERIOR FILM (VIDEO)
Before installing BODAQ films, please review the following information concerning the storage and handling of our products to maintain its high quality.
CHECK THE CONDITION AND TYPE OF SURFACE BEFORE APPLYING
- Adhesion can be weakened due to moisture. If installing on non-solid surfaces like MDF or drywall make sure to remove moisture (e.g. increase room temperature to 60-75 degrees (F) for 12-24 hours.
- Post-installation protect substrate from moisture intrusion which can weaken the adhesive bond
- If product has been stored outdoors in cooler weather open the carton and store the product indoors between 60-75 degrees (F) for 12-24 hours. Installation of film that is below 60 degrees (F) may result in adhesive cracking or weakening.
- Note that any residual oil, wax, or other surface contaminants can weaken the adhesive bond between the BODAQ adhesive and the substrate.
- BODAQ recommends the use of a primer applied to any non-solid surface. Adhesion around edges and corners of any surface will be enhanced by use of a primer. Contact BODAQ for recommended primers.
- After using a primer, allow at least two hours before applying BODAQ film.
- To prevent creasing, stretching, or tearing use minimum force when using a squeegee and/or using heat to apply the product to flat or curved surfaces.
- Consider using additional pressure when applying thick patterns like artificial leather, papers, or stone.
STORING BODAQ FILMS
- Store BODAQ films in the original shipping carton to avoid denting the role or damaging the surface of the film.
- Store BODAQ film between 60 degrees and 75 degrees (F) if possible and below 50% relative humidity and out of the direct rays of the sun.
- BODAQ interior film should not be used for exterior applications.
- After installation, extended exposure to ultra violet radiation can cause discoloration.
- Although the surface of BODAQ film is very durable, it should be protected from repeated or severe abrasion.
- Recommended to sore product at room in temperature of 15~25°C to make the best function.