Interior Design Trends in 2022-2023: Bring Nature Home
Table of Contents
Let’s continue our series on interior design trends for 2021-2022. Last time we took a look at the colors trend, this time, let’s talk about bringing nature into your home trend.
After the period of lockdowns which we spent at home, we all noticed the urge in nature – we lack the feeling of fresh air, wind, green leaves and grass. So we struggled with bringing more natural materials and colors to our homes, offices, commercial spaces. This tendency continues in 2021 and will likely develop further in 2022 and 2023. So let’s take a closer look at the options available for you to create inspiring nature house design style.
Colors: Tones in Modern Natural Interior Design
Among all the colors and patterns in nature we see outside, deep rich tones are gaining more spread because they are more friendly to the human eye and mental state than bold brights. So pay attention to the following colors when decorating your home. Read more about wall covering ideas.
1. Deep blue, blue-grey, deep blue-casted turquoise – restful, reinvigorating, refreshing, and inspiring. Deep Blue palette of Bodaq consists of SMT11 Deep Blue Waters, S204 Blueberry, S150 Classic Blue, and PTW07 Indigo Blue. Bodaq Shades of Grey palette includes S198 Antique Grey, PTW05 Silvermist Wood, and SMT06 Livid.
2. Forest greens – greens found in the deepest parts of the forest are meant to heal our souls. Bodaq palette includes S233 Forest Beauty and S202 Moss Green from the Solid Colors and SMT10 Sacramento Green from the Super Matte Collection.
3. Dried herbs – calming muted tones of plants under the warm sun rays. Bodaq palette includes S206 Purple Ash, SMT04 Dried Sage, and S215 Almond Latte.
4. Golden hour – colors in the early morning and at the end of the day, when the light shines perfectly. Some of Bodaq patterns that support the soft tones of sunrays are SPW95 Eiche Wood, S194 Camel Yellow, and COR70 Real Cork.
5. Terracotta – rich redded clay color of kindred reminds us of the protective properties of the earth, grounding us and calming feelings.
Together with colors that come from nature, home décor should give the feeling of calmness. It can be achieved with natural materials and return to the craftsmanship of handmade quality products.
Natural Wood Interior: Neuroaesthetics in Design Trends
Textures surrounding you have to give the feeling of being created in collaboration with nature. For instance, when you touch wood grains, it brings sensual satisfaction. If you do not feel like changing everything in your home to bring it to your life, there always are some alternative modern solutions.
Architectural films imitate natural surfaces so precisely that even a keen eye would not spot the difference between the natural wood and the wood film pattern. Wrap the office desk with the film and feel wood grains every day. Did you know that it also improves your health simultaneously? It is well-known that visible wood grains can calm human nervous system and help decrease anxiety. The science of using natural feeling materials in interior design was discovered recently and is called biophilic design. With the new knowledge, you can improve one’s health with the design of a room.
Black Wood Beauty
We decided to highlight the black wood texture separately because it unites two trends of wood grains combined with an earthy black. This texture looks gorgeous almost on any surface and helps finalize the interior, joining all colors and textures.
Fibers: More Sensational Surfaces in Natural Home Design
To add to the pleasant feeling of solid surfaces, you can use natural fibers to decorate the house. Cane, wine, bamboo, rattan, woven, willow – these affordable, durable, and environmentally sustainable materials are now acceptable in your home, not only on your patio. Furthermore, natural fibers can be used on different surfaces and not only in furniture pieces. Bodaq can help you with this as well
To Sum Up
The natural minimalist interior design trends in 2022-2023 is gaining more popularity these days. It is a great way to make the interior more sustainable and environmentally friendly. Warm earthy tones are also great for human vision, calming down after an intense and stressful workday, decreasing anxiety levels. Overall, having more natural materials, patterns, and textures at homes is beneficial.